Sunday, February 7, 2010

Before Yoc-Town There Was West-Sac (Part 3 of X)

I’ll never forget the day I received my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures. I no longer needed to use my imagination with spoons and forks. Then there was the day when I could not find my sister while playing hide and go seek. I searched all over the house, and nothing. Then I heard a yell from outside, “MOOOVE OVER BUTTERRRRR!!!!” I ran outside and found my sister on top of the monkey bars. I learned later that she was repeating the words of a commercial. That made a lot more sense than what I had originally imagined, that is, Katie getting angry at the butter while cooking on top of the play-set.

One time while playing baseball in the front yard with brothers and neighbors, my neck started to hurt. I went inside, and I couldn’t move my head without immediately feeling sharp pain in my neck. I laid down on the couch and had one of those electric hotpads placed underneath my neck to soothe the muscles. I was informed by mom that this was called a “stiff neck.” Luckily, I only got a stiff neck one other time in my life, when I was 12, from staring at the TV for 8 straight hours while playing Donkey Kong 64. From this experience I learned two things: move my head occasionally while playing, and more importantly, play for less than 8 hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment