Sunday, February 14, 2010

Buy a Stranger a "Coke"

Mission: Buy Someone a “Coke”
Purpose: a) Go outside of one’s comfort zone, and b) mess with peoples’ minds.

Report:

Around 6 P.M. Saturday evening, I found myself in the laundry room o the Marin apartments. I needed both washing machines, and found one empty and full (and done). In that moment I decided to buy my stranger a “coke”, i.e., instead of just moving the clothes into the dryer to get them out of my way, I was going to put the quarters in and start the dryer for the unknown person. I was grabbing the quarters from my plastic bag, however, when the person walked in; my plan was foiled! I was mad that he came in when he did, but I realized it would have been a lot more awkward if he had walked in 10 seconds later. So my first attempt to accomplish this challenge failed. As such I am giving myself an extension and will write my future experience on this blog when I succeed.

In my next blog I will finish the series about my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I just figured something out. I had been wondering why you wouldn’t have said part I of X and II of X. I thought it was weird you were mixing numbers and roman numerals. I was also wondering how you determined your childhood autobiography would occur in 10 parts. And then when you said you’re going to finish your childhood memories in your next post I was trying to figure out how you were going to get 7 more parts of your west sac stories fit into one. I finally realized just now, that your X is not a roman numeral 10, it is used in the way it is used in Algebra for an unknown...I think...or else you’re ditching out on the other 6 parts you originally planned to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are, Harry. The letter "X" represents the unknown, like my future, or when the Kings will finally win the NBA championships.

    ReplyDelete